Let’s discover the best way to expand your wireless internet connection without doing much by setting up the Dlink AC2000 Wi-Fi Range Extender. One of the simplest and affordable ways to enjoy high-speed internet in every corner of your house and office.
Once you setup the Dlink AC2000 Wi-Fi Range Extender in your residential or commercial space, you will easily eliminate all the dead zones. Furthermore, you will be able to get access to the uninterrupted Wi-Fi signals, even in those corners of the place where it is impossible to reach before implementing this outstanding extender.
Now, the question is, what are the different ways to setup the Dlink Wi-Fi Range Extender AC2000 Model?
Dlink AC2000 Wi-Fi Range Extender – 5 Methods For Setup!
There are 5 different ways to setup the Dlink AC2000 Wi-Fi Range Extender. You can pick any method from all the 5 ways discussed below. Have a look!
- Setup D-Link AC2000 Extender by Using the App.
- Setup D-Link AC2000 extender by Via Web Browser.
- Setup the Wi-Fi Range Extender D-Link AC2000 Model as an AP (Access Point) Mode.
- Setup the Wi-Fi Range Extender of D-Link AC2000 Model Via Ethernet Cable.
- Setup the Wi-Fi Range Extender of D-Link AC2000 Model Via WPS Button.
Now, let’s discussed all the above-mentioned methods in detail:
Method1: Setup D-Link AC2000 Extender by Using the App
Well, this process is not that much time-consuming. Just follow the complete procedure in the same sequence and get everything done in front of your eyes.
As we are going to set up this extender via the app, first and foremost, we have to download the Dlink app from the respective Google Play store (for Android users) and from the App Store (for iOS users).
- After downloading the app, Just install the Dlink application on your mobile gadgets, and open it.
- You will get an option at the middle of the screen “Install new device”, simply click on that.
- If you have a QR code, then hit the “yes” button. If you don’t have the QR code, proceed to the next-mentioned step.
- Move the product choice to ‘AP’ and select ‘AC2000’ or ‘DAP-1820’ from the entire list of all available devices and press the ‘Next’ button to proceed.
- Here, you will get a set of instructions, basically a step-by-step procedure. Just follow them to accomplish a successful setup of the AC2000 Wi-Fi Range Extender.
So here, you saw how simple it is to implement the setup wizard of the AC2000 Wi-Fi range extender.
Method2: Setup D-Link AC2000 extender by Using the Browser
Now let’s move on to the next method i.e setup a Dlink AC2000 extender via a web browser. So, let’s have a look at the detailed procedure:
- First, connect the wireless DLINK AC2000 Wi-Fi Range Extender via the user name and security pin mentioned on the Wi-Fi Configuration card.
- Now open the web browser >> Enter “http://dlinkap.local./” or “192.168.0.50”. You can enter any one of these options i.e IP address or URL in the search bar.
- If you are going to sign in to the extender for the very first time and there is no previous connection established, then the setup wizard will appear automatically.
- If there is an incomplete setup wizard then, leave the password field empty and sign in into the interface.
- Here, you will get complete instructions to configure the new AC2000 WI-FI extender wirelessly.
- Simply, tap on the Next button to move ahead.
- Your device will automatically scan for all the available Wi-Fi networks.
- Here, the end-user has to do only one thing i.e. select the wifi network that you want to expand.
- If your desired network has been detected by the scan, then select that network.
- Now, insert your router’s security pin >> Hit the ‘Next’ button to proceed.
- On the other side, if your desired network name is not shown after running a scan, then go for the “manual” option.
- After choosing the manual option, enter the SSID name or the corresponding security pin of the desired wifi network, with whom you want to connect.
- Now, simply tap the “Next” button to proceed further, or the “Back” button to take a step back.
- Now insert the admin password in the required field (in case, you select the “Next” button to proceed further).
- Select the “Next” button to continue >> Hit on the “drop-down menu” and pick the specific time zone >> Hit the “Next” button again.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware that offers you access to all the new features >> Tap the “Next” button to go ahead.
- Here, you will get the summary of the recently done settings >> Select the ‘Finish’ button for closing the wizard.
- Now reboot your extender and all the connected devices once.
With this step, the process of setting up the Dlink C2000 extender by Using the Browser has been completed successfully.
Method3: SetUp D-Link AC2000 Wi-Fi Range Extender as an Access Point Mode
After discussing the above two methods, now it’s time to elaborate on the next way i.e. the extender setup of DLink AC2000 as an AP or access point mode. Let’s describe the entire process in detail:
- Connect your Wi-Fi range extender of the AC2000 model to the electric switch, and wait until the LED flashes.
- Connect your router and the Wi-Fi extender via an ethernet cable, and wait for 2 to 3 minutes until the LED turns green on your router.
- Now, open your system >> double click on the “Browser icon” (you can use any of the browsers like Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Bing, etc.)
- Now, log in to your router. Just enter the IP address “192.168.1.1”,
- Now, you are on the login page. Enter your router security pin in the field corresponding to the label “Password.”
- Once you sign in. Tap on the “Settings” >> “Network.”
Note: You can visit the “network” section to change or modify the router’s address. So that it doesn’t conflict with all other devices available in our network.
- Now, replace the IP address with the other IP address that is currently available and enter it in the corresponding field.
- Now, don’t forget to hit the “save” button.
- Now, your router will reboot or restart automatically to save the recently made changes.
- Now log in to your router again >> Tap on the “settings” option >> Now tap on the “Network” option.
- Here you will see the section “DHCP Server.”
- Here the status is automatic “Enabled” you just have to click on it to make it disabled.
- Now, tap on the save option.
By following all the above-listed steps, your Dlink WiFi range extender of the AC2000 model has been set up to use in an AP mode.
Method4: Setup the Wi-Fi Range Extender of D-Link AC2000 Model Via Ethernet Cable
Another method of extending the Wi-Fi Range Extender of the D-Link AC2000 Model is by using the ethernet cable. Let’s discuss the steps of this method in detail:
- First, plug and connect the Wi-Fi Range Extender close to the Wi-Fi Mesh router and wait till the LED turns the orange color.
- Now, take the Ethernet cable and connect the AC2000 Wi-Fi Range Extender to the Wi-Fi Mesh router.
- Once it is paired correctly, the LED light turns into a solid green color.
Now simply, disconnect the Ethernet cable and bring your extender to any corner of your home and enjoy high-speed internet.
Method5: Setup the Wi-Fi Range Extender of D-Link AC2000 Model Via WPS Button
Here, we are going to elaborate on the last method of configuring the Wi-Fi Range Extender of the D-Link AC2000 Model Via the WPS Button. Have a look!
- Plug this outstanding designed wifi extender into the electric socket.
- Now, you have to wait for 60 to 120 seconds until the WPS LED starts blinking.
- Once the LED starts blinking, press the WPS button on your favorite DLINK AC2000 Wi-fi Range Extender and wait till the light starts blinking.
- Once you see the blinking LED, then don’t forget to press the WPS button present on your router and wait for 1 to 2 minutes to configure it till the LED light stops blinking and turns into a solid green color.
Well, with this method this guide comes to the end. I hope that all the above-mentioned methods to setup the Wi-Fi Range Extender of the D-Link AC2000 Model prove useful for you.