Setting up the D-LINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender is a proven way to extend your existing or newly established wireless network hassle-free. This network extended gadget comes with amazing features that make it users’ hot favorite device, which allows them to enjoy seamless internet services without spreading the mess of cluttered wires and all.
D-link N300 Wi-fi Range Extender – What Kind of Device It Is?
Before moving to the D-link N300 Wi-fi Range Extender Setup, we must know what sort of gadget exactly it is?
All-in-all, this device gains popularity because of its unique and compact design which comes with a dual external Antenna that expands your network signals without using extra power cables.
It is all because of the compact design of the D-link N300 Wi-fi Range Extender, this device becomes portable which means we can bring this gadget anywhere or everywhere in the residential and commercial space according to our requirement.
Basically, it is a plug-and-play device that takes minimum space for installation.
What are you Receiving in the Box?
A package of Dlink – N300 Wi-fi Range Extender consist of three things:
- Dlink – N300 Wi-fi Range Extender.
- Installation Guide.
- Wi-Fi Configuration Card.
Best Way To Setup Dlink N300 Wi-fi Range Extender
There are three different methods to setup Dlink N300 Wi-fi Range Extender. It’s your choice to pick one of the below-mentioned setup ways that suit you the most.
Let’s discuss all these methods turn by turn:
- Setup DLINK N300 Wi-fi Range Extender by Using the WPS Button
- Setup D-LINK N300 Wi-fi Range Extender by Using Your Mobile Device
- Setup DLINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender via Web Browser
Scroll your mouse to know the detailed explanation of these setup ways:
Setup DLINK N300 Wi-fi Range Extender by Using the WPS Button
It is one of the instant ways of setting up the Dlink N300 Wi-fi Range Extender. All you have to do is:
- Plug this amazingly designed wifi extender into the power socket.
- Wait for just 1 or 2 minutes until the WPS LED starts blinking.
- Now press the WPS button on your favorite DLINK N300 Wi-fi Range Extender and wait till the light starts blinking. Once you see the blinking LED, don’t forget to press the WPS button present on your router.
- Once you turn on the WPS button of a router, wait for 2 to 3 minutes to establish a successful connection.
Now the question is how do you know that the connection is established successfully? Well, after implementing all the above-mentioned steps, if you get success in establishing a secure connection, then you will see that the WPS LED turns into a solid green hue on your wifi extender.
You will see your new wifi network name in the available network list.
- Your Recently Added Network Name: Same as your existing network name but with “-EXT.”
- Your Recently Added Network Password: Same as your existing network password.
Setup D-LINK N300 Wi-fi Range Extender by Using Your Mobile Device
If you are a phone lover and want to setup an N300 Wifi Extender via mobile device, then all you need to have is a smartphone (iOS, or Android.)
- The first step to setup this extraordinary wifi extender on the mobile gadgets is to download and install the QRS mobile app from Google Play Store (for Android users), and the Apple store (for iPhone users.)
- Once the installation of the QRS mobile app is done. The next step is to configure the extender.
- For this, visit the “wireless utility” section of your mobile>> Establish a wireless connection of the router.
- Run a quick scan and discover the list of Wi-Fi names>> Select & enter the specific password.
- Now, open the QRS mobile app on your phone.
- Once you open the app, tap on the ‘Start’ option >> and hit on the ‘Next’ option.
- Now the QRS app will first detect the D-LINK N300 Wi-fi Range Extender and then scan for all the available Wi-Fi networks.
- Here, the end-user has to do only one thing i.e. select the wifi network that you want to expand.
- In case, your desired network is not displayed in the list, then tap on the “Rescan” button.
- Now, tap on your desired network name with whom you want to connect, and enter its security pin.
- Now, tap the Next button >> Enter the name of the extended network and its corresponding password >> Hit Next.
- Now, it’s time to create the admin password and tap the next button.
- A full-fledged summary of the executed steps is displayed on the screen. Simply click on ‘Save’, and restart your mobile.
Setup DLINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender via Web Browser
- First, connect the DLINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender wirelessly via the user name and security pin displayed on the Wi-Fi Configuration card that you get within a box of your hot-favorite network extender.
- Now open the web browser >> Tap on the search bar >> Enter “http://dlinkap.local/” or “192.168.0.50”. You can enter any one of them.
In case, if you have more than one DLINK N300 Extender device, then visit http://dlinkapxxxx.local. Here don’t, four times x is a 4-digits MAC address available on the configuration card.
Now, insert the security pin in the required password field.
Details of Username and Password
- Default Username: Admin (Never try to change it.)
- Default Password: Keep it, Blank
After entering the username and passkey, You will get access to the configuration interface.
From here, you can easily configure several types of settings for the DLINK N300 Wifi Range Extender.
DLINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender – 5 Main Characteristics
- Offers High-speed seamless data connectivity with 802.11 GB wireless compatibility (backward.)
- Offers up to 300 Mbps wifi speed.
- Provide super-fast ethernet ports (10/100).
- Provide Wireless encryption (WPA2/WPA) for a secure and safe connection.
- Plug and play facility.
I hope that all the above-mentioned three methods to setup DLINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender prove beneficial for you. If still, you face any kind of issue, then don’t hesitate to talk with the Dlink experts. They are available 24/7 to assist you whenever you need them.